1200 word min. at least 3 scholarly sources due 11/28.
we learned about the rules surrounding search and seizure. Specifically, this Unit addressed the 4th Amendment’s search warrant requirement and the exceptions to it, as well as concepts of stop and frisk and arrests. For your Unit 2 Complete assignment, write a narrative essay (minimum 1200 words) in which you address and discuss the questions and statements listed below. Use at least three scholarly sources and remember to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections in your essay. Quote your sources in APA format.
- Explain when arrest warrants are required. Likewise, explain when search warrants are required.
- Explain the search incident to arrest doctrine. Also, summarize the plain view doctrine
- What are the other main exceptions to the Fourth Amendment’s search warrant requirement?
- Explain the Supreme Court’s decision in Terry v. Ohio.
- Most Supreme Court cases pertaining to search and seizure involve actions that took place many years ago. Recently, however, there have been some new decisions rendered due to changing technology (2010 to present). Research one and discuss the implications of new technologies for the Fourth Amendment. (i.e., GPS tracking, thermal imaging, cellphone searches, etc.)