Algorithms And Decision Making
To complete this Assignment, review the Learning Resources for this week and other resources you have found in the online, then respond to the following bullet points in a 4- to 6-page:
- Introduce the topic of algorithms in the selection process. How might the recommendations an algorithm makes differ from those of a hiring manager who is not using data analytics?
- How might using algorithms to analyze customers differ from using them on employees? Should companies be more cautious in implementing these methodologies internally?
- Studies have revealed a phenomenon called “algorithm aversion.” Even when data-driven predictions yield higher success rates than human forecasts, people often prefer to rely on the latter. And if they learn an algorithm is imperfect, they simply won’t use it. Describe a situation where you would base a decision on data analysis.
- Should Aliyah Jones choose Molly or Ed? Analyze each alternative solution. Consider the short-term and long-term implications. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each decision? Support your decision with two additional scholarly articles.
Note: You should make a firm case for one of the two candidates with the information in the case. Don’t suggest a committee or new selection tools or a new candidate pool.
- Outline the next steps of Aliyah Jones. What information should she give the candidates?