Assume you work for Verizon that does not currently have unionized employees and that you are an employee of this company and interested in starting a union..
Assume you work for Verizon that does not currently have unionized employees and that you are an employee of this company and interested in starting a union. Use the Internet to research industry union.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Create a scenario of the specific working conditions that has prompted the attention of employees.
- Outline the major benefits of organizing a union for this particular company.
- Create a mission, purpose, and objective statement for a strategic plan to organize a union for this group.
- Outline the components you would need to start a union and brainstorm ideas for each step of the process.
- Determine a possible timeline for the execution of the union based on the plan you published with rationale.
- Speculate two (2) of the management teams’ objections the union is likely to face. Develop two (2) arguments to counter the management position.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.