Briefly define stress and give examples relevant to your target audience..
- Identify the type of pain your client is experiencing for which applications of applied behavioral science are appropriate (e.g., arthritis, bone or joint pain, muscle pain, fibromyalgia, migraine headaches, cancer pain, post-surgery, etc.).
- Describe any psychological factors and emotional states of your client which appear to impact her or his mental and physical health (e.g., depression, anxiety, general level of satisfaction with life).
- Indicate the client’s locus of control and health motivation. Utilize terminology outlined in your reading.
- Identify any additional stressors your client is experiencing that may exacerbate her or his pain experience.
- Based on the reading, identify at least one pain management technique you believe would best reduce the pain experience in this situation.
- Examine the application of your selected pain management technique in relation to the same situation within a different culture. Explain the role of the perception of pain and the impact of culture on perception of pain, identifying and usage trends of applied behavioral science unique to different groups.
Your initial post must be a minimum of 200 words. You must utilize at least two scholarly sources (e.g., professional web source, peer-reviewed journal articles, recommended video) and include in-text citations and a reference list that are in accordance with APA style
Reflect:Take the role of a mental health professional invited to give a presentation on stress management. Identify a target audience (e.g.,, children, adolescents, adults) and any relevant demographics (e.g., ethnicity, age ranges, sexual orientation, religion, etc.) and other characteristics unique to your target population (e.g., older adults, military spouses, children of divorce, newlywed couples, living in a high crime area, unemployed for more than a year, victims of bullying, excessive parental pressure to achieve, etc.). The primary stressors experienced by your target population can be due to positive and/or negative life events. Research effective strategies for coping with stressors and skills to develop resilience. You will use the information from your research to examine uses and applications of applied behavioral science to stress and coping interventions and identify current trends in how applied behavioral science is used to develop resilience.
- Identify specific characteristics of your target audience.
- Briefly define stress and give examples relevant to your target audience.
- Discuss at least two specific stressors relevant to your target audience’s primary concerns.
- Describe healthy and unhealthy ways in which people may respond to the two stressors listed in #3 above.
- Select one specific skill a mental health professional might teach to help individuals cope effectively with stress.
- Define resilience and identify at least three factors associated with resilience.
- Identify at least three ways to build resilience.
- Discuss the importance of flexibility in maintaining resilience.
- List at least one online, print, video, and/or local resources in your community where participants may receive additional help in learning to effectively cope with life stressors and develop/enhance their resilience skills.