Communicating Professionalism Paper
BELOW IS THE LINK FOR REFERENCES NEEDED
You will be writing a paper that identifies, summarizes, and applies a published code of ethics for your profession. The paper will include 2-3 pages of content, a title page and reference page, for a paper that is 4- to 5-pages in total length.
Using the internet and Library, locate an industry organization’s code of ethics. For example, the American Marketing Association, American Psychological Association, and the American Medical Association all have extensive codes of ethics. An excellent source is the Ethics Code Collection. Once you have located and examined the code, summarize the main points of the code. Provide an example of an ethical decision or issue that may arise in your profession. Explain how the code of ethics could be used to provide guidance regarding the decision or issue. Conclude your paper with an explanation regarding the importance and benefits of codes of ethics.
- The paper should consist of an introduction, body (points below), and a conclusion.
- Identify your profession, and a professional code of ethics for your profession.
- Summarize at least three main points of the code, and how they apply to your career.
- Explain the benefits of a code of ethics with two specific examples
- Discusses how the chosen code of ethics can guide logical decision-making and provides two specific examples.
- Demonstrate how the code of ethics can be applied to a specific ethical issue that could arise in your profession.
- Demonstrate consistency of your clearly established viewpoint throughout the paper with a clear logical flow as you apply ethical reasoning.
- Make sure your writing is original and insightful.
- Two in-text citations and references used as support for ideas presented (one must be the code of ethics).
- Paper must be 4–5 pages in length, double spaced, in correct APA format using Times New Roman or Arial font size 12. (This includes the title and reference page)
- Paper must adhere to Standard English with correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.