CSCI 1015 Programming Assignment (Pass11)
Background: Computer Science Space Exploration (CSSE)
For this assignment, Richard is interested in having his elite software engineers design a program to summarize information about Rainfall in Florida.
Purpose of Program
Use classes and Arrays.
Read chapter 7 from the Gaddis textbook and presentation slides from unit 11.
Note: Some data input to this program and some program output depends on <your name>. If you do not use your name as required, points will be deducted for this assignment.
- Write a RainFall class that stores the total rainfall for each of 12 months into an array of doubles.
- The program should have methods that return the following:
- the total rainfall for the year
- the average monthly rainfall
- the month with the most rain the month
- the month with the least rain
RainFallDemo Class (main method)
- Demonstrate the class in a complete program. (See example output)
- The RainFall Demo program should read the following data from a text file into an array.
- Input Validation: Do not accept negative numbers for monthly rainfall figures.
Notes and Comments
- Remember that the project name is pass11 and the Java file name will be < your last name> with pass11. As an example the Java filename will be ProgrammerPass11.Java.
- Make sure you have good comments throughout your program that include your name, CSCI 1015, Programming Assignment 9, the purpose of the program, and the main program logic.
- Create a UML class diagram, flowchart or pseudo-code, submit your design documentation to the dropbox as lastnameUML… You may use Word, Visio, Raptor, or a scanned hand drawn flowchart.
- You need to submit the following to the D2L drop box: .java file <my last name>Pass11.java(e.g. ProgrammerPass11.java) and the RainFall.Java file.
If your program cannot be compiled (any error), zero points will be assigned.
The post CSCI 1015 Programming Assignment appeared first on My Assignment Online.