Describe three built-in tools that can be used to analyze and troubleshoot Group Policy issues..
There are many options that are available when you discover a problem with Group Policy processing. It is important that you take a methodical approach to diagnosing and troubleshooting because Group Policy’s complexity and its many interdependent pieces of infrastructure.
Write a 2-3 page report based on the questions below. Explain and detail methodologies that can be used to troubleshoot, analyze, and diagnosis issues in Group Policy processing.
- Explain three Domain Name System (DNS) related problems that can occur when implementing GPOs. Include in your explanation how these errors are diagnosed, the steps used to correct the errors, and how they can be prevented.
- List and detail three reasons that would prevent Group Policy updates from occurring. What methodology could be used to determine how to identify, isolate, and correct the problem?
- Describe three built-in tools that can be used to analyze and troubleshoot Group Policy issues. Explain the functionality of each of these tools and how each tool can be used to control and review the state of Group Policy.
- Detail Resultant Set of Policy and how it is used to determine effective policy settings. Include your detail the use of Resultant Set of Policy Wizard and the modes in which it operates
- Explain how Event Viewer and the Group Policy Operational Log can be instrumental in identifying issues with Group Policy.