Explain how the attitudes toward retirement have changed.
- Explain how the attitudes toward retirement have changed and how those changes are impacting those individuals who are 65 and older.
- Imagine that it is 2030, and the last of the baby boomers have reached the age of 65. From a psychological perspective, describe how retirement may be viewed and some of the challenges those individuals may face.
- Research more information regarding retirement and age discrimination, and explain how it may impact the individual as it relates to the decision to continue to work or to retire. Provide some examples of jobs for which it may be problematic for an older adult to remain in the workforce.
- Explain how an individual may deal with the potential loss of identity as result of retirement.
- Explain some of the positive and potentially negative aspects of lifestyle changes after retirement