Explain the development of evidence-based nursing, quality improvement, and nursing research..
Explain the development of evidence-based nursing, quality improvement, and nursing research.
This module will examine the interconnectedness of evidence-based practice with nursing research. Attention to the development and evaluation of evidence is paramount for synthesizing current practice into the professional role of nursing.
- Explain the development of evidence-based nursing, quality improvement, and nursing research.
- Demonstrate the ability to use tools such as ranking instruments and research entities in the implementation of competent EBP nursing
- Complete the Level of Evidence assignment as an individual
- Practical rationale for Module B assignment: This assignment showcases different level of evidence tools which could be used in daily practice to improve and support the evidence being used as a foundation for the health care practices. The student is expected to use the ranking tools to grade the assigned
- Individual work: Each student will select two of the ranking scales of evidence tools and complete the grid related to contrasting the 2 ranking scales of evidence tools. The faculty will provide an assigned manuscript to be used for this assignment. With the material collected through the synthesis of the grid material, the student will use the two tools to score the assigned article. A narrative (approximately ¾ page per tool) will be provided addressing the scoring of the article based on the tool along with the rationale for the different scores. A final paragraph (approximately ½ page) will be provided discussing the effectiveness of each tool – Which tool was easier to use? Why? What aspects within the tool were “on track” for providing a level of the evidence within the assigned
- A grading rubric is provided for use with this
- Participate in the appropriate discussion forum per the class schedule for clarification of module
- Access and view a narrative PowerPoint file related to getting started with Evidence-based Practice. This file is located at: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/son/ceebp/. This file is entitled: Getting Started with EBP. Within the Center of Excellence in Evidence-Based Practice, it is located under the “Learning Resources” found on the right-hand side of the
- Read appropriate areas within selected research
- Participate in the WebEx sessions if