Express the nature of the ground access problem at large U.S. airports..
- Identify and describe the important airside and landside facilities and services found at large U.S. airports.
- Express the nature of the ground access problem at large U.S. airports.
Based on material covered in the class, the student should identify the problem/situation, provide a resolution/approach, give a rationale to your approach and expected outcome/conclusion. This paper will be presented in APA format and the writing requirement described in the Policies section of this syllabus. The paper is graded on contents, grammar, and format. Minimum word should be 1000 words with a minimum of 3-5 outside references.
Assignment: Article Review
Find an article (academic source preferred) with respect to learning objective #1 for week two â€“ â€œLearn the various acts of legislation that have influenced the development and operation of airports since the early days of aviation.â€ Please ensure you follow the directions below. Contact me if you have questions or need any assistance. This assignment is due on Sunday.
Homework Assignments/Articles Summaries:
Homework assigned articles summaries will be graded on the following criteria:
(1) Article summary should consist of name and publication the article review is taken from.
(2) The articles must come from a related topic that is covered in the readings for the week.
(3) The article summary must be at least one full page and provide a breakdown on the key elements being discussed in the document (Who, what, when, and why).
(4) The article summary must include whether or not the reader agrees with the ideas being presented. Agreement or disagreement must be based on facts related to procedure or issue being discussed in the article.
(5) It is recommended that articles come from a current event topic related to Airport Planning and Management. Examples would include Airport Security, Airfield Operations, Aircraft Accidents, ARFF, and/or Noise Compatibility. Other topics covered in the text may apply.
Express the nature of the ground access problem at large U.S. airports.