Hildegard Peplaus Interpersonal Process Theory.
For this project, you will select and critique a nursing theory of your choice. You will:
- Write an original paper.
- Submit it to the dropbox for a grade based on the rubric.
The following are some conceptual models and theories you may choose from; however, you may choose any nurse theorist:
- Florence Nightengales Environmental Model
- Catherine Kolcabas Comfort Theory
- Dorothy Johnsons Behavioral System Model
- Hildegard Peplaus Interpersonal Process Theory
- Dorothea Orems Self-Care Deficit Theory
- Ida Jean Orlandos Nursing Process
- Sister Calista Roys Adaptation Model
- Madeleine Leiningers Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality
- Jean Watsons Nursing as Caring Theory
- Margaret Newmans Health Expanding Consciousness
- Martha Rogers Science of Unitary of Human Being
- Abdellahs Patient-Centered Approaches Theory
Steps to follow to do your critique:
- You can visit the Fitne website to watch videos about the above mentioned theorist.
- You can use the Internet to find a journal or articles that provides an analysis and critique of a theory of nursing as a resource to start working with your own critique.
- You need to login entering the following information:
- Username: medical center campus
- Password: medical
- Under the Nurse Theorists: Portraits of Excellence (Volume I) link select the theorist of your choice
- On the left navigation area select a topic to view
- You must use the criteria for analysis and critique of theories in Chapter 1 of the George text book.
- You will select the link “Library Resources” found under the “NUR3846 – Library” tab (located on left-side of screen) to do your research and complete your literature review of the model/theory you selected.
- You may physically visit the library in person as well, and ask for help from the library staff.