How are providers responsible for patient decision making?.
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Discuss a provider’s ability to influence patients—as consumers of health care—and their decisions.
- How are providers responsible for patient decision making?
- How do providers impact a facility’s ability to bring in revenue?
Unit 1 IP
As a supervisor for the hospital pharmacy that uses an integrated delivery system (IDS), you are responsible for communicating with physicians about various topics such as policy changes, availability, and regulatory issues. You have been informed that a particular medication will be impacted by third-party payer reimbursement schemes. You will need to write a memorandum to prescribing physicians discussing the unavailability of certain pharmaceutical items because of third-party payer reimbursement schemes.
Your memorandum should address the following anticipated physician questions. (1–2 pages (single spaced)
- How would you approach the physician?
- What are the reasons for the unavailability of certain pharmaceutical items because of third-party payer reimbursement schemes?
- What is the impact to physicians?
- What is the impact to patients?
- What are the contingency plans for unavailable items?