Identify or create a health care entity.
Identify or create a health care entity
Explore a country that provides universal health care. What are its health outcomes? How do these outcomes compare to those in the United States? Should universal health care be a concept that the DNP should support? Why or why not?
DNP-835 Week 4 DQ 2 due 5-10-19
The Commonwealth Fund provides an international review of health care systems. Read the Commonwealth Fund report, International Profiles of Health Care Systems, 2014, and take the associated quiz. Discuss what knowledge you gained from the quiz and describe any changes you would apply to the U.S. health care system.
Week 4 Paper due 5-11-19
The Quality and Sustainability Paper is a practice immersion assignment designed to be completed in three sections. This is part two of the assignment. Learners are required to analyze the quality outcomes and/or patient safety measures of a health care entity to determine its successes and failures, identify potential obstacles to the implementation of the measures, and determine what collaborative efforts are needed to create sustainability.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that you support your position by referencing at least six to eight scholarly resources. At least three of your supporting references must be from scholarly sources other than the assigned readings.
Write a 1,250-1,500 word paper that provides the following:
- Identify or create a health care entity. (Provide an overall description of this entity without using the real name; i.e. location, size, profit or nonprofit, years in operation). Do not give the real name of any entity or person you are describing.
- Using defined quality outcomes and/or patient safety measures, describe the health care entity’s successes and failures. Include identified criteria and data that demonstrate why this entity is successful and in what areas.
- Using the quality outcomes data, identify a quality or safety area that nursing science can impact. Describe the specific variables.
- Identify potential obstacles that may hinder the implementation of the quality or safety measure.
- Identify those groups or leadership roles within the entity with whom you may need to collaborate