Identify technological resources available to assist with care of critically ill children..
My experience and observation was on a 8year old Spanish boy who was admitted for hemorrhagic cystitis. This patient was on contact isolation/droplet –adenovirus Bk virus. This pt was on vent machine, monitor G.tube 2 nephrology bags one each side, Foley bag.6 iv lines with different drugs also was receiving platelet because of low [platelet observe nurse draw blood from radial artery then took to lab. Parent was on a deep sedation
THIS JUST TO LET YOU KNOW ABOUT MY OBSERVATION.PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION ON THE PAPER BLOW
DEPARTMENT OF NURSING
NURSING CARE OF THE CHILD
PEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE (PICU) UNIT
Following the experience in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, the student will be able to:
- Define the goals for caring for a critically ill child and family.
- Describe the role of the nurse in the Pediatric Intensive Care setting.
- Describe the organization of care delivery in the PICU. Explore the collaboration of activities with other members of the health care team.
- Identify technological resources available to assist with care of critically ill children.
- Discuss the use of evidence-based practice in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
In a brief paper (no longer than two pages) using APA format:
Describe your experience in the PICU.
- How did your experience meet the above objectives?
- Identify the differences between floor nursing and the role of the nurse in the PICU.
- Choose one intervention or nursing practice that you observed that you believe is evidence based.
- Support your answer using at least two references – one must be from a current nursing journal.
- Could this be utilized on a regular pediatric floor? Why or why not?