Professor MacQueen-bias, get online writing help at Top Grade Essay Writings
bias in your primary and secondary sources.
- Discuss the brainstorming process you used to identify bias in your primary and secondary sources. How did you do it? Describe the strategies that were successful for you.
- Consider the challenges you encountered identifying the narratives about your historical event. What methods did you use to identify the absent voices in the historical narratives?
- What perspectives do you think are missing from the narrative about your historical event?
Be sure to cite evidence from your sources to justify your points.
Use the provided Module Five Activity Template: Historical Interpretations Word Document that is uploaded below to complete this activity. First, you will reflect on the process of researching the subject of your historical research question and its connection to your current event. You will then consider the impact of bias on our existing knowledge. Finally, you will address how the narratives about your historical and current events would change if told from alternative viewpoints.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Describe how exploring your research question improved your understanding of the historical roots of your current event.
- How did learning more about the subject of your research question help you identify events from the past that contributed or led up to your current event?
- Explain how biased perspectives influence what is known about both your historical and current events.
- Support your points with relevant course resources.
- Propose how the narrative about your historical event might change if it were told from a missing perspective.
- Propose how the narrative about your current event might change if it were told from a missing perspective.
- Expand on the missing perspective from criteria three and apply it to your current event. How might your current event be understood differently by examining it from that perspective?
Submit the Module Two Activity Template: Primary and Secondary Sources. While references are not required, any sources used should be cited according to APA style if you reference them in your response.