Research Paper-Walmart vs Target
Compare Walmart vs Target:
In this assignment, you will use this two companies to compare, contrast, and perform an overall analysis of across each of the main areas of consumer behavior. A satisfactory paper will be completed in a minimum of 2,000 words (no maximum). The paper format should be double-spaced and use a professional 12pt font. Include citations when appropriate (websites, news articles).
- Walmart vs. Target
Your paper should address the following:
- An introduction of the companies and the primary products they sell.
- A comparative analysis of the different consumer behavior theories as discussed in the course. Note: You may not find information on every single one these topics. You are, however, expected to provide a thorough analysis of the information available to you.
- What is each company’s target demographics and market segmentation strategies?
- What is each company’s niche in current popular culture?
- How does each company handle responses to consumer feedback and complaints?
- What corporate social responsibility initiatives are each company involved in?
- What efforts towards sustainability has each company made?
- How does each company utilize sensory marketing in the buying process?
- How does each company motivate consumers to buy and get involved in the purchasing process?
- How does each company tap into the self-esteem, self-consciousness, and self-image of consumers?
- Do these companies emphasize gender roles in their marketing campaigns?
- What is each company’s brand personality?
- How does each company use psychographics?
- What are the companies’ core values and ethical codes?
- How does the company use different sources to reach their target markets?
- How does each company use e-commerce?
- What is the in-store atmosphere of each company?
- Does either company engage in B2B marketing/selling?
- How does each company ensure that consumers are informed about their products?
- How does each company utilize social media platforms? Do they use influencers?
- How do these companies compete in the global market? Do they market differently in different countries or subcultures?
- How has each company shown innovation in their respective marketplaces?
- How has each company responded to the COVID-19 pandemic and ensured customer safety?
3. An opinion-based conclusion on which company best considers the behaviors of their consumers when engaging in marketing campaigns and strategies.