Unit 2: Graphing Data.
Evaluation Title: Assignment 2 Rubric
In this assignment, you will be required to use the Heart Rate Dataset to complete the following:
- Identify the types of variables
- Match variables to graph types
- Create graphs
- Give a brief written description of the variables based on their graphs
- Open the Heart Rate Dataset in Excel
- Identify each of the variables contained in the dataset by type, and match each to an appropriate graph type. (For example: qualitative data can best be displayed with a pie chart or bar graph; continuous numerical data can best be displayed using a histogram)
- Use the graphing functions in Excel to create an appropriate graph of the data for each variable. Remember to properly label your graphs. Please note that qualitative data needs to be sorted before you can graph it. For example, if you have 32 Apples, 15 Oranges, and 38 Bananas in your dataset, you need to create a table like the one below before you can generate a graph:
- If you are unsure how to create a graph in excel, search YouTube for guidance. (A search conducted using “Graphing in Excel” yielded many instructional videos with transcripts.)
- Copy and paste your graphs and tables into a Word document, along with a brief description of the variable represented in the graph.