Critical decision-making and organizational performance.
View the scenario called “Critical Decision Making for Providers” found in the Allied Health Community media.
In a 1,000-1,250-word paper, examine the scenario involving Mike, the lab technician, and discuss the following:
- Discuss the consequences of a failure to report.
- Explain the impact his decision had on patient safety and organizational performance (risk for litigation, organization’s quality metrics, workload of other hospital departments, etc.).
- As Mike’s manager, describe how you would address the issue with him and steps you would take to ensure other staff members do not repeat the same kind of mistake.
- Reflect on the scenario and describe what underlying aspects or issues may be contributing to workplace dilemmas such as this.
- Consider the manner in which most health care organizations function (structure, people, technology, environment). As a leader, discuss what principles of organizational behavior and development can be applied to effectively contribute to the success of a health care organization. How could these principles be applied to this scenario?
A minimum of three academic references from credible sources are required for this assignment.